Red Deer Alberta - Planning for this convention during a pandemic has become difficult. When we started back in Feb 2020 life seemed normal. We secured a hotel in Red Deer that had reasonable rates, a good location and the facilities we needed. Then six months later, this hotel declared bankruptcy. Luckily, we had not paid a deposit.
The current travel restrictions, vaccine availability and many other factors may determine whether this event can proceed. Using a positive approach a tentative agenda has been prepared. Finding a suitable hotel should not be a problem. There are many that would be suitable and with the high vacancy rates they are begging for business. We should have a decision by May or June about holding the convention, and will then pay a deposit to secure a hotel. We do have a deposit from last year on a facility that we have used for previous years for holding our annual Dahlia and Gladiolus Show. We couldn’t use it last year because of the restrictions. It is on the second floor of the Pidherney Curling Center, lots of room and elevator for access.